Congratulations to our winners. Thank you to all our finalists and applicants, everyone who voted and the judging panel.
Do you have a question that isn’t answered here? Send it via email to email@example.com
- I have an idea that doesn’t use one of the four challenge areas. Can I still make an application?
Yes. The three approaches are designed to encourage you to think about new ways to address this problem, but if you have a totally different approach, we’d still love to hear it. Just select ‘unique approach’ in the application form.
- I have more than one idea for supporting Reef recovery. What should I do?
If you have developed more than one idea you think is well placed to address the Challenge Statement, then you are welcome to submit more than one entry. Simply fill out an individual form for each idea you submit.
- Who can participate?
The challenge is open to teams, startups, established companies and individuals with an affiliation with an institution. You do not need to be a member of an organisation, however you do need to be affiliated with an organisation or institution to be eligible apply.
- I am not living in Australia. Can I still apply?
Yes! While the Challenge Statement is focused on supporting Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, we are looking for solutions that could be scaled to support coral reefs globally. It doesn’t matter where you are from, we’d love to hear your idea.
- Is it possible to submit an application in a language other than English?
No. Due to the global nature of the program and the evaluation team, all applications will need to be submitted in English. However, if this prevents you from applying, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When will I find out if I have been successful?
Finalists will be notified on the 19th September with an invitation to attend an online interview. Please note that exact dates can be subject to change, but we will keep you updated where possible.
- Who will own the IP generated through project outputs?
All Intellectual Property Rights arising in the Project Material in the future vests immediately in the Recipient, however all project outputs and data must be made publicly available at the completion of the project.
- Can I begin my application and finish it at a later date?
Yes. You are able to edit a draft at a later date.
- Are there any financial costs associated with submitting an application?
There are no financial costs associated with submitting an application, however you should be prepared to invest your time in completing the process.
- How should I stay informed during the process?
Once you submit an application, we will keep you updated through the email you provided in your application form on the selection process, so make sure you’ve entered the correct address! You are welcome to contact us at any time through email@example.com and our team will get back to you as soon as they can.
- Is there any prize money attached to this program?
Yes. One winner will receive up to AU$300,000.00 to further develop their idea.
- Who will be reviewing my application?
The program has sourced a diverse spread of reviewers who are experts in their field, and who have deep knowledge of reef ecosystems. Each application will be reviewed at least twice.